5kg / 11lb IVORY luxury sugarpaste ready to roll fondant icing
luxury quality satin smooth sugarpaste with 2 x 2.5kg packs per box
5kg / 11lb Cake Stuff Couture IVORY luxury sugarpaste ready to roll fondant icing
Winner of the PRODUCT EXCELLENCE AWARD (Best Product - Edible Category) Cake Masters Magazine Awards 2019
- Couture is the Great British luxury quality sugarpaste everyone is talking about
- often imitated but never bettered - this is the sugar paste that allows you to decorate your cakes with real finesse and panache
- since its launch 4 years ago, Couture has become one of the most sought after sugarpastes in the UK
- re-developed, improved and extensively trialled with the help of our customers over the past year to make it even better, with longer BBE dates than before*
- made exclusively for Cake Stuff, Couture the perfect sugarpaste for wedding and high-end celebration cakes, where quality of finish means everything
- made using very special ultra-fine icing sugar and the finest Gum Tragacanth - these luxury ingredients help create the smoothest fondant yet for a flawlessly satin smooth icing that dries to an almost porcelain-like, silky finish
- dries to a sumptuous ivory / light cream shade which is gorgeous on wedding cakes
- Couture doesn't crack or craze (especially around corners) or form elephant skin if prepared correctly . . . simply knead well to activate the natural gums and you'll quickly realise just how good this sugarpaste really is
- Couture is ideal for the latest cake design trends - it will not over-stretch, droop or tear on deeper and larger cakes and multi-tiered cakes
- suitable for both covering and modelling - add C1000 Tylo Powder or more Gum Tragacanth for a lovely flower modelling paste
- Couture combines the best features of other brands in one amazing sugarpaste . . .
- . . . the quality of finish of Massa Ticino, the slightly elastic handling properties of Satin Ice, the pinning out quality of Renshaw Pro (Regalice), the covering properties of Renshaw Extra and the delicious vanilla taste of Covapaste - all at the price you'd expect to pay for Renshaw Covering Paste
- we're so confident you'll fall in love with Couture that it is the only sugarpaste with a Money Back Guarantee
- Couture is 100% exclusive to Cake Stuff - no matter what anyone tells you, you cannot buy Couture from the manufacturer direct or from any national wholesaler nor can you buy the same product sold under a different name,
but you can find it in a small number of highly select sugarcraft supplies shops, all of whom are Cake Stuff customers
- PREPARATION - it is important to knead well before use to activate the gums for best performance - the ultra-fine icing sugar creates a 'dense' paste which, in cooler weather, may feel difficult to knead at first so if you find it a bit hard work you can warm slightly in a microwave (blitz for 10 seconds) prior to kneading
- new sealed packs minimise the possibility of the paste forming a crust, so there's no longer any risk of little hard pieces of sugar being mixed in when kneaded
- investment in massive state-of-the-art mixers means that we can now achieve excellent consistency between batches, in terms of texture, colour and flavour
- increased volume means we can offer our customers a superb product made with the finest (and expensive!) ingredients for the same sort of price as they'd expect to pay for an everyday brand of sugarpaste
- click here to read more information about the development and trialling of Couture
- BULK PRICES - we no longer offer Price Breaks for buying more than 1 box of Couture at a time, but we have reduced the price for 1 box and we do offer additional discounts for busier cake makers so if you're in the habit of buying several more boxes at a time find out more about becoming a Cake Stuff Trade Customer
- *Best Before Date - at least 3-4 months and normally much longer. In the beginning, Couture was produced with a 6 months BBE date to ensure it arrived with customers as fresh as possible but we carried out extensive testing on stock made 9-10 months ago and it performed perfectly, so we increased the BBE date to 9 months and we've now tested stock that's 12-13 months old so from now on BBE dates will be 12 months from date of manufacture. Nothing at all has changed with the recipe, it is purely the date that has been extended. Happy days!
- supplied as 2 x 2.5kg sealed packs per box
- 5 kg / 5,000g / approx 11lb
- colour using paste / gel icing colouring
- flavour using Beau Icing Flavouring
- click here for our Cake Covering Guide
- ingredients: sugar, glucose syrup, water, humectant: vegetable glycerine E422, palm oil*, emulsifier: mono & diglycerides of fatty acids E471, stabiliser: Gum Tragacanth E413, preservative: Potassium sorbate E202, natural vanilla flavouring, colour: iron oxide E172
- *RSPO certified sustainable palm oil - ethically produced to avoid damaging valuable wildlife habitats
- suitable for vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy free diets
- certified Kosher and suitable for Halal
- additional nutritional information on label
- ALLERGY ADVICE - produced in a factory which also produces marzipan, so there is a risk of nut traces being present
- RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE - Couture is considered suitable for Jewish and Muslim customers as the E471 fatty acids are plant derived
- see our range of ivory & cream sugarpaste icing
- see our full range of sugarpaste icing
- see our full range of edible supplies
Delivery & Returns
UK Mainland Delivery Estimates
(approx 3-4 working days)
(approx 2 working days)
(next working day – order by 3pm)
Lighter orders up to approx. 2kg
FREE over £75
Heavier orders over 2kg
FREE over £75
We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or other rural / remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses all available – a subsidised delivery charge is shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost-effective delivery options for non-mainland customers.
- smaller, light orders normally shipped 'Royal Mail 24' within the UK
- larger, heavy orders shipped by DPD couriers to UK mainland addresses
- free UK mainland delivery on orders over £75
- Priority and Express Shipping options available at checkout
- Saturday and Sunday Express Shipping options available at checkout (if ordering between 3:00pm Thursday and 2:30pm Friday)
- orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped by 'Royal Mail 24' or by DPD, depending on total weight and value
- orders to customers outside the UK are normally shipped Air Mail or by DPD / Interlink to most mainland European addresses
- Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped by Air Mail
- please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details
The Sugarpaste For Me
best fondant in the uk
5 stars no questions
The best yet
Can't believe I never knew about this fondant till now.
brilliant service from cake stuff
I make around 30 cakes a week, I never leave reviews and I am not easily impressed. Trust me when I say that Couture is the best sugarpaste I have ever tried.
It can be a bit tougher to knead at first but I pop in the micro for 30 seconds and it helps warm it through (I always had to do this with Satin ice so its not unusual). My advice is stick with it as the extra effort is all worth it for the quality of finish this icing gives you.
It has completely changed the way I decorate cakes and looking back at old photos I am convinced my cakes now have a better finish with cleaner edges and smoother surfaces. I have virtually no waste as I never need to re cover a cake and I am saving a small fortune.
Whats not to love about this stuff?
Julie's Celebration Cakes