Black Friday (29th of November this year) has quickly become one of the busiest dates in the retailing calendar with lots of tempting offers online.
However, the downside is that all UK courier companies (including Royal Mail) struggle to keep up with the massive increase in deliveries in the week immediately following Cyber Weekend and there’s a very good chance that many deliveries will be delayed. In fact, last year DPD advised most depots had massive backlogs with a 2-3 day delay to be expected for almost all deliveries and all the alternative couriers we tried had even bigger backlogs!
That's not good news for cake makers who may be relying on supplies arriving for important cake orders.
We’re therefore encouraging all our customers to avoid the Black Friday madness by ordering the week before, so we’ve come up with a brilliant idea . . .
P I N K T H U R S D A Y !
This year, Thursday 21st November will therefore be known as PINK THURSDAY and as an added incentive to place your order just that little bit earlier, we’re offering some fantastic deals on 40 products (to celebrate Cake Stuff's 40th birthday this year) with savings of up to 75% OFF RRP!
Remember, these savings are on top of our already famously competitive prices and over-and-above any other special offers, bundles, promotions, clearance offers, Trade or Wholesale discounts etc.
There's no discount code required, the products will automatically be discounted between 9am and midnight on Thursday 21st November 2019 - just make sure you log into your Cake Stuff account before adding anything to your basket.
More importantly, planning ahead and ordering on PINK THURSDAY will help you avoid the inevitable delays that everyone else will be suffering the week after Cyber Weekend.
Because we know there will be delays following Cyber Weekend, the delivery estimates we show at checkout will take this into account. We will be advising customers to allow at least a week for delivery on Standard Shipping orders placed over Cyber weekend and we may not even offer the Express Shipping option that week. Whereas if you place your order on PINK THURSDAY, you'll have it before Black Friday even arrives!
We realise that many cake orders are placed last-minute but, where possible, try to stock up on some essentials a little in advance by ordering on PINK THURSDAY and you should avoid all the stress and hassle of courier delays caused by Black Friday.
Cake Stuff do not have a Black Friday sale, so don't wait off!
Here are the 40 products in our PINK THURSDAY promotion, click on any image to go to our SALE page . . .
Terms & Conditions
- You must log in to your existing account or register a new account on the Cake Stuff website before adding anything to your basket
- The promotion starts at 9am (GMT) on Thursday 21st November 2019 and ends at midnight on Thursday 21st November 2019
- No discount code to enter - all prices will be discounted automatically during the promotion
- Full product information including Best Before dates are shown in the product details
- All items subject to availability
- Trade and Wholesale discounts still apply to the promotional prices
- Free delivery for UK mainland orders of £75 or more
- Subsidised courier delivery to UK offshore, Northern Ireland, Eire and most of Western Europe
- Many of the promotional products are too heavy to ship by Air Mail to other parts of the world - sorry
- Express Shipping option may not be available due to volume of orders being received - please note delivery timescale shown at checkout
- Standard Cake Stuff Terms & Conditions apply
A few little things to note about our PINK THURSDAY promotion . . .
no matter how much prior notice we give and how much information we provide, the excitement of a busy promotion like this can mean some customers may do everything a little too quickly, making mistakes in the process and then getting upset with us about it. It's a fun promotion - with the emphasis being on fun - so here's just a little extra guidance to help keep it that way . . .
- The website will be busy - very busy - so don't be surprised if it runs slow at times.
- We have a lot of stock in both warehouses but we will sell out of some products, without a doubt . . . c'est la vie
- We cannot stress enough the importance of being logged in to your Cake Stuff account before adding products to your basket
- Please remember that (as with any ecommerce website) simply putting a product in your basket does not mean it has been reserved for you. With thousands of customers visiting the site at the same time, hundreds of customers could all have the same product in their baskets - the stock is not reserved for you until you complete checkout on a first-come-first-served basis
- Don't rush and make sure you've ordered everything you want - the system is completely automated and we cannot amend or add to any orders manually
- Make sure your delivery address is correct (especially if you choose to pay by PayPal) and that you include a mobile number if at all possible - that way you'll receive text alerts from DPD with delivery updates
- We may have to temporarily remove the Express Shipping option if the number of orders being received hits a certain level. This happens automatically to ensure that all the orders already in the queue are shipped on time.
- We have teams at both warehouses picking and packing orders in strict date-time order to help ensure everything is delivered within the estimate shown at checkout, but please allow an extra day to be safe