Celebrating 40 Years
On the 5th of August 1979, a brand new Hallmark greetings card shop opened in Hamilton, called Words & Wishes
During the following 40 years that business evolved into Scotland’s top wedding stationery specialists and moved into the world of wedding cake decorations and supplies. From those roots, Cake Stuff was eventually born and now involves 3 generations of family
So thanks to Elizabeth & Neill (Mum & Dad) for starting it all off 40 years ago today (5th August) - you don’t look nearly old enough!
We’re celebrating in a slightly different way . . . no flash sales or short-lived promotions for us. Instead, we’re celebrating by ensuring that we offer our customers an experience that is simply unbeatable – that way the celebrations are meaningful to all our customers . . .
• We’re delighted to announce that we’ve hit our target of 10,000 cakey products so our range is now the largest in the UK, and will continue to grow
• We have some amazing promotions and product launches coming up between now and Christmas so make sure you're signed up to our email newsletter at the bottom of our homepage so you are notified of everything
• We’re reducing standard delivery times by a day and will soon be offering Saturday deliveries
• We’ve lowered the prices of hundreds of key products across the site (not just for this week – they’ll stay low!)
• We’re offering Trade customers some very special personalised pricing on the products they use most often
• We’re committed to offering our customers the very best prices we can, despite a terrible exchange rate
• We’re now producing over 2,000 boxes of Couture sugarpaste per week – it’s very, very, very good
• We have some really exciting new products being launched very soon – watch this space!
• We will continue to support exhibitions, conferences, cake schools and charities throughout the UK
• We’ve introduced lower subsidised delivery charges for customers living offshore, in Northern Ireland or Eire
• We’re not charging any extra for customers who live in areas the couriers regard as ‘remote’
• We’re introducing even more amazing products from international brands in to the UK
• We’re working hard to become as environmentally friendly as possible
With Brexit on the horizon, the next few months look like being an unsettled time. Cake Stuff are working hard to ensure continuity of supply of key products no matter what happens on 31st October. We are committed to offering our customers the largest choice, the lowest prices and the best service possible
In an age when so much is instant, disposable and short-lived, we are happy to re-commit to the values and ethics that have allowed a family business to survive and flourish for 40 years
Thank you so much for your support - here’s to the next 40 years!