400g original Silicon Plastique 2 part set from Make Your Own Molds (MYOM)
- Silicone moulds have become one of the most popular ways to create stunningly detailed edible cake decorations - now you can create your own moulds from jewellery, toys and other objects, and use them over and over again - the only limit is your imagination!
- try Lego blocks, military badges or create your own edible cake lace moulds
- MYOM from the USA are considered the world leader's in silicon mold technology . . .
- Silicone Plastique® is an amazing mold putty that has the consistency of cookie dough and is very easy to mix and apply - created by a chef in order to bring the art of mold making into both commercial and home kitchens, Silicone Plastique has become a valuable tool in the creation of custom food molds around the world
- mould making has traditionally always been quite complicated task, but Silicone Plastique makes it quick and easy - full instructions are included plus there's an excellent YouTube video to watch
- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
- approx 400g net
- once mixed, Silicone Plastique® will stay workable for about 15 minutes giving ample time to make an accurate and well made mold of almost any object. Leave to "cure" for about an hour at 70°F
- peel the silicone from the object, wash thoroughly and you now have a brand new mould!
- your mould can be put in the freezer without losing flexibility and resists temperatures as high as 450°F so is ideal for Isomalt, sugar, chocolate etc as well as sugarpaste and gum paste / flower paste
- Silicone Plastique is a food grade silicone putty and complies with FDA regulation 21CFR177.2600 and has been tested by an independent, FDA approved laboratory to confirm its food grade status
- you'll be amazed how easy this is to use, but here's the basic instructions . . .
- mix equal amounts of Part A (blue) and Part B (white) by weight or volume - knead until a uniform colour is achieved - flatten by hand or roll with a pin between sheets of plastic. Run a small amount into detail areas of the item you wish to make a mould of - this gets rid of air bubbles and ensures you capture all the detail. You have 10-15 minutes working time before Silicone Plastique begins to set - then allow an hour (at warm room temperature) for it to cure time. Don't be impatient - allow enough time to fully cure before removing the object - simply peel back the flexible silicone mould and wash thoroughly in warm, soapy water
- once cured, you have a commercial grade silicone rubber mould that will last for years. Unlike cheaper, gelatine based moulds it cannot be dissolved or melted for re-use - gelatine moulds tends to crack, cannot be used with hot products like Isomalt and chocolate, and are not ideal for freezer or oven safe
- see our full range of cake decorating equipment
|UK Mainland Delivery Estimates
(approx 3-4 working days)
(next working day if ordered by 2pm)
|Lightweight orders up to approx 2kg
£1.95 - £4.95
FREE over £75
Heavier orders up to
(small additional charge over 20kg)
FREE over £75
|We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or rural / remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
|Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses are all possible – a subsidised delivery charge will be shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost effective delivery options for all our non-mainland customers.
• smaller, light orders normally shipped 1st class mail within the UK
• larger, heavy orders shipped by APC Overnight couriers on UK mainland
• orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped Royal Mail 1st class Signed For although we will ship by APC Overnight couriers where possible, depending on total weight and value
• free UK mainland delivery on orders over £75
• Express delivery option available at checkout
• orders to customers outwith the UK are normally shipped Air Mail
• Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped outside the UK
• retail customers can return unopened, unused, non-edible products for refund
• please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details