Creative Colour for Cake Decorating - Lindy Smith
- Lindy Smith - one of Cake Stuff's trading partners is a cake maker and sugarcraft legend, and has written and published a lovely range of books for cake makers and sugarcraft enthusiasts
- this wonderfully informative and colourful book recently won the International Gourmand Cookbook Award title for "Best Pastry Sweets Book in the UK 2014"
- 20 new projects to get your teeth into - all based around the important world of colours and how the work together
- one of our favourite little features is the clever and extremely useful section where Lindy compares a massive range of icing colourings next to each other - Sugarflair, Squires and Wilton photographed together - it's a brilliant idea
- Lindy's books are not easy to find (and certainly not in the bargain section of high street shops!) so we're delighted to offer them to Cake Stuff customers at less than RRP
- Lindy Writes: From as long ago as I can remember I have been drawn to colour in all its fascinating shades, tones and combinations. Colour is all around us, it creates moods and feelings, it excites and inspires. As a designer, I love experimenting with new colours and colour combinations so I’m always looking for new inspiration. I love the fact that colours and how they are used go in and out of fashion, it means that there are always new colours and colour combinations to excite and inspire me, not all will necessarily look good on cakes but I’ll have fun experimenting.
Using colour is very natural for me, but I know from my students that many people find colour confusing and difficult. My intention with this book is to give my readers the confidence they need to use colours in new and exciting ways on their cakes. The introduction section explains the basics of colour theory, as this is an excellent stating point for understanding colours and how to combine them. I have then created ten detailed cake decoration projects, where I have found a colour inspiration that appeals to me and used it to select the colours for the cake. For some of the projects I have kept the colour balance very similar to the inspiration but not always, sometimes I have replicated every colour sometimes not, in order to demonstrate a few of the different approaches you too can take
- hardback 144 pages full colour
- approx 17.5cm x 17.5cm
- published by David & Charles 2008
- see our range of cake decorating books
- see our full range of books & gifts
|UK Mainland Delivery Estimates
(approx 3-4 working days)
(next working day if ordered by 2pm)
|Lightweight orders up to approx 2kg
£1.95 - £4.95
FREE over £75
Heavier orders up to
(small additional charge over 20kg)
FREE over £75
|We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or rural / remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
|Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses are all possible – a subsidised delivery charge will be shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost effective delivery options for all our non-mainland customers.
• smaller, light orders normally shipped 1st class mail within the UK
• larger, heavy orders shipped by APC Overnight couriers on UK mainland
• orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped Royal Mail 1st class Signed For although we will ship by APC Overnight couriers where possible, depending on total weight and value
• free UK mainland delivery on orders over £75
• Express delivery option available at checkout
• orders to customers outwith the UK are normally shipped Air Mail
• Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped outside the UK
• retail customers can return unopened, unused, non-edible products for refund
• please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details