Celebrate With A Cake - Lindy Smith
- Lindy Smith - one of Cake Stuff's trading partners is a cake maker and sugarcraft legend, and has written and published a lovely little range of books for cake makers and sugarcraft fans alike
- Lindy's books are not easy to find (and certainly not in the bargain section of high street shops!) so we're delighted to offer them to Cake Stuff customers at less than RRP.
- Lindy writes: "I have written this book bearing in mind those of you who, over the last few years, have constantly asked me “When are you going to write a book about your wedding and celebration cakes?” So here it is and I hope it answers most of your questions and gives you the confidence to experiment with your own designs. I have attempted to include as wide a range of cakes and techniques as a book of this size will allow. Those of you who are familiar with my work will know that I love to be creative, to break away from convention and try something new. So I hope that this book will inspire you to do likewise. Another question I am frequently asked is where I get the ideas for my designs. The answer is probably through the art of observation and perception and the use to which these are put. Inspiration for the cakes in this book include the paintings of Gustav Klimt, the patterns of the ART Deco period, the colours used by Rennie Mackintosh and the current use of the scroll pattern in all decorative art forms. For the cake shapes I have included column and stacked column cakes, an idea which I believe originated in Australia. Also included, for displaying multi tiered cakes, the very contemporary use of cake separators. As always I have used a bold selection of colours on my cakes. To help you with your colour combinations I have also included a detailed section that explores colour and its uses that I hope will give you the confidence to adapt my colour schemes to suit your own".
- large paperback 106 pages full colour
- approx 21.5cm x 28cm
- published by David & Charles
- see our range of cake decorating books
- see our full range of books & gifts
|UK Mainland Delivery Estimates
(approx 3-4 working days)
(next working day if ordered by 2pm)
|Lightweight orders up to approx 2kg
£1.95 - £4.95
FREE over £75
Heavier orders up to
(small additional charge over 20kg)
FREE over £75
|We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or rural / remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
|Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses are all possible – a subsidised delivery charge will be shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost effective delivery options for all our non-mainland customers.
• smaller, light orders normally shipped 1st class mail within the UK
• larger, heavy orders shipped by APC Overnight couriers on UK mainland
• orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped Royal Mail 1st class Signed For although we will ship by APC Overnight couriers where possible, depending on total weight and value
• free UK mainland delivery on orders over £75
• Express delivery option available at checkout
• orders to customers outwith the UK are normally shipped Air Mail
• Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped outside the UK
• retail customers can return unopened, unused, non-edible products for refund
• please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details