500g edible lace powder by Eleganza Cake Lace
- Claire Bowman and Pavoni mixes are made in Italy so, we wondered, if we went direct and missed out all the fancy branding, could we offer our customers a better deal? The answer is a massive YES!
- Eleganza Cake Lace is stunning . . . we asked a few of our busiest trade customers who currently use Pavoni and Claire Bowman cake lace, to try it and even in blind trials it came out top!
- made in Italy for Cake Stuff . . . with love!
- 2 part mix - tub contains both Part A and Part B
- ready to mix powdered edible lace - mix, spread on to any brand of silicone cake lace mat and cook for 15 minutes for intricate edible lace
- uncoloured / white - can be coloured with paste / gel colouring, flavoured with Beau icing flavourings, given a lustre finish or a bling finish using metallic icing colouring & edible paint
- not quite sugarpaste - not quite flower modelling paste - much, much more!
- create intricate edible lace sheets and detail for cakes and cupcakes
- PLEASE NOTE this is sometimes referred to as "2 part mix" but both parts are included
- use on chocolate - edible glue may be required
- detailed instructions below and with every tub
- 100% edible - but do not consume in its raw powder form
- 500g covers approx 20-25 small cake lace mats if spread 2mm thick - 500g covers at least 5 large Claire Bowman / Pavoni / Kitchencraft / Sugarveil cake lace mats
- BBE 3-4 months at least, normally much longer
- resealable plastic tub
- temporary labels on tubs during initial trial period - brand labels will appear from early 2016
- ingredients: PART A - wheat starch*, fructose, glucose, thickener E440, colouring E171, flavour (vanilla), preservative E202; PART B - humectant E422, emulsifier E433
- may contain soya, nut, sulphite or milk traces - not suitable for customers with lactose intolerance
- suitable for vegetarians
- *hoping to be certified as 'gluten free' - sounds unlikely as main ingredient is wheat starch but read on... wheat starch processed to remove gluten, called 'Codex wheat starch', has been allowed in gluten-free food in Europe for more than a decade based on studies that show it is not harmful to those who have celiac disease. The recent finalization of the FDA rules for gluten-free foods means Codex wheat starch is now also allowed in the USA so we're just waiting on certification before we officially class it as "gluten free"
- see the range of cake / edible lace supplies
- see our full range of sugar flower modelling paste
- see our full range of sugarpaste icing
- see our full range of edible supplies
based on 100g mix (enough to cover one large mat)...
- pre-heat oven to 70°C - 80°C
- add 40ml water into bowl of food mixer
- add 42g (approx 4 tablespoons) Part A powder
- mix on high speed for 2 minutes
- add 2.5ml (approx ½ teaspoon) of Part B liquid
- mix on high for 4-6 minutes until mixture looks smooth
- spread some mixture on to your chosen mat using a spreading knife - work well in all directions to ensure even coverage, working into design cavities to remove air bubbles
- remove excess mixture with spreading knife
- place in oven for 15-18 minutes to dry
- remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool
- to check if Eleganza Cake Lace is ready, carefully begin to peel one edge of the lace from the mat - it should release easily but if it does not, this means the lace is not dry enough so return to the oven for a further 4 minutes - allow to cool and test again
- place the dried Eleganza Cake lace face down on a clean surface and use the spreading knife to release it carefully from the mat
- allow to air dry for 6-8 hours - this time can be dramatically reduced by using the Cake Structure Fondant Dryer
- fix your Eleganza Cake Lace to the cake using edible glue or a little cooled, boiled water - pressing gently until you feel it hold in place
STORAGE & NOTES
- when you've used up all of Part A powder a small amount of Part B liquid will be left over - you can add this to the mix create a softer edible lace
- Eleganza Cake Lace will remain pliable for months, allowing you to prepare intricate pieces far in advance of decorating the cake
- place ready made pieces between 2 sheets of baking parchment and store flat or rolled but avoid placing anything on top of them
|UK Mainland Delivery Estimates
(approx 3-4 working days)
(next working day if ordered by 2pm)
|Lightweight orders up to approx 2kg
£1.95 - £4.95
FREE over £75
Heavier orders up to
(small additional charge over 20kg)
FREE over £75
|We do not charge any more for delivery to Scottish Highlands or rural / remote mainland addresses but please allow an extra couple of days for delivery.
|Deliveries to Northern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands and BFPO addresses are all possible – a subsidised delivery charge will be shown at checkout. We will continue to work hard to find more cost effective delivery options for all our non-mainland customers.
• smaller, light orders normally shipped 1st class mail within the UK
• larger, heavy orders shipped by APC Overnight couriers on UK mainland
• orders to customers in Northern Ireland, on Scottish islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel islands, other UK offshore islands or with a BFPO address are normally shipped Royal Mail 1st class Signed For although we will ship by APC Overnight couriers where possible, depending on total weight and value
• free UK mainland delivery on orders over £75
• Express delivery option available at checkout
• orders to customers outwith the UK are normally shipped Air Mail
• Air Mail restrictions mean items measuring over 10" / 25cm, weighing over 1.75kg, aerosols, flammable products, marzipan and some other items cannot be shipped outside the UK
• retail customers can return unopened, unused, non-edible products for refund
• please refer to our Delivery & Returns page for full details